After Multiple Teeth Removal Instructions
AFTER THE REMOVAL OF MULTIPLE TEETH :
Expect minor bleeding. If it persists, bite on a moistened black tea bag for 30 minutes. Avoid hot liquids and keep your head elevated. Do not remove immediate dentures unless bleeding is severe.
ICE AND HEAT APPLICATION
Use ice packs for the first 48 hours. After that, moist heat can help reduce swelling and discoloration.
For mild discomfort, Tylenol or ibuprofen can be taken as directed. For severe pain, use the prescribed medication.
HYDRATION AND DIET
Stay hydrated, especially if multiple teeth were removed. Avoid rinsing your mouth on the first day. After that, rinse with warm salt water after meals.
After denture adjustments, remove dentures and rinse 3-4 times a day.
ACTIVITY AND NUTRITION
Limit physical activities and focus on a liquid and soft food diet. Resume normal activities as comfort allows.
- Swelling and discoloration are normal.
- A sore throat may develop but should subside in 2-3 days.
- Keep lips moist with ointments like Vaseline.
- A slight temperature rise is normal for 24-48 hours.
- If immediate dentures are used, your dentist will adjust them within 24-72 hours to relieve any sore spots.